A Brief History Of Snow And Glacier Sunglasses
As long as human beings have been compelled to climb higher and higher rocks, they have required specialized equipment to support them in their snowy endeavors. When it comes to protective eyewear for mountaineering, the year was 1888 and the French eyewear designer Jules Baud was the man for the job.
19th-century French climbers were after a pair of mountaineering sunglasses that would protect the front of their eyes in the extremely bright and reflective conditions, could prevent glare from entering through the sides of the glasses, and wouldnt fall off their faces while climbing. And presto, true mountaineering sunglasses were born, well over one hundred years ago now. Hows that for old school cool?!
Fast forward to present day and there are still only a handful of companies making high-quality polarized glacier sunglasses with side shields that are up to the task of handling these demanding conditions. When you’re dealing with bright, reflective environments, dark sunglasses are the answer.
Main Features And Benefits Of Caxman Polarized Sunglasses
- Sleek and stylish functional design, specially designed the detachable side shields for these classic rectangle sports sunglasses. When you need to block the side glares or side winds, just attach onto these matte finished side shields, and when you donât need these, just detach the side shields. It’s functional and convenient.
- We made these sunglasses slightly wrap around, with the side shields make these polarized sports sunglasses provide you a full coverage when wearing these
- Specially adopted the real rubber on the sunglasses temple tip, no bounce and no slip, make these sunglasses perfect for those sports activities such as biking, running, boating, fishing, baseball and of course driving.
- We use the premium 1.0mm of 9 lays reinforced HD polarized lens. Polarized lens reduces visible glares effectively from water, snow, and pavement increasing visual acuity and decreasing eye strain and headache, which makes these sunglasses perfectly great for driving and fishing.
- Sleek designed temples allow you to have a comfortable wearing experience and of course you can at your convenience to re-adjust the temple tips to make these fit your head
- We made our polarized sports sunglasses frame with premium polycarbonates. These material are strong, tough, durable and high impact-resistance.
Reinforced 1.0mm Polarized Lenses
Who We Are And What We Are Doing
- We are CAXMAN – being Brave and being Inovative. We focus on four main product lines, including Clip On Sunglasses, Over the Glasses Sunglasses, Polarized Sunglasses and Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- We’ve been in this eyewear manufacturering industry for over 30 years. Our sunglasses are surely polarized, which means these sunglasses are excellent in reducing glares and reflections, decreasing eye fatigue, and never distort colors. Also means these are excellent in bright/glare conditions, great for driving, fishing, playing baseball and any outdoor activities
- We always open to any suggestions and advices and keep improving our products from all those ideas. Feel free to tell us with any idea about your ideal sunglasses, we will help you make it come true
- With CAXMAN Eyewear shield, we hope you see the beautiful and comfortable vision you’ve always wanted to see
Recommended Reading: Cazal 955 Sunglasses For Sale
Polarized Glacier Sunglasses With Side Shields
You know what they say, ski too close to the sun, and youre going to get…glared at. By the sun. But not in a mean way. Not only are the suns rays more intense at altitude, but the light coming off the sun bounces off the snow and straight up into your eyeballs.
Glare makes it difficult to see, which is especially troublesome when youre moving at speed. Glare also forces you to squint in an attempt to see more clearly, and while smile lines are tolerable, squinting wrinkles are totally avoidable.
All of Sunskis sunglasses, including all of our glacier glasses are polarized and block 100% UV rays. So if youre strapping on your spikes and heading up where the air is clear, checking off another 14,000 footer from your bucket list, or just searching for some backcountry glory, take a pair of Sunskis with you.
Sunglasses With Side Shields
$95.00 FREE shippingAdd to Favorites
$189.99Add to Favorites
$115.00 FREE shippingAdd to Favorites
$19.95Add to Favorites
$40.46Add to Favorites
$173.04 FREE shippingAdd to Favorites
$110.00 FREE shippingAdd to Favorites
$72.99 FREE shippingAdd to Favorites
$27.39Add to Favorites
$97.47Add to Favorites
You May Like: Glasses For Long Oval Face
How To Choose The Best Sunglasses With Side Shields
In best sunglasses with side shields, prior understanding of the product is always important. Other performance-related factors may be included in these findings. For this reason, we recommend that you evaluate the product’s price to its value before making a decision.
Only you can avoid wasting your important time by performing thorough research and comparisons. To help you save time, we’ve already done the research and comparisons. With the best sunglasses with side shields, you can get the performance you want in the quickest amount of time feasible, without sacrificing anything.
Explore Shield Sunglasses Online
The harsh rays of the sun can damage your sensitive eyes. Also, overexposure to UV rays can result in a number of eye diseases, like cataracts, and even cancer. The best way to prevent damage to the eyes is by wearing sunglasses. Shield sunglasses are the perfect pair of shades if youre planning on staying out in the sun for a long time. For added protection, you can go choose these sunglasses that come with UV protection. These sunglasses are popularly worn by sportspeople because they offer an unparalleled field of vision, are lightweight, and can be worn with ease. These sunglasses are usually made from one continuous lens that stretches continuously across a users face. These sunglasses offer a stereoscopic view, thereby enhancing depth perception. Moreover, as these sunglasses do not have rims, they offer better peripheral vision, making it perfect for use by cyclists and sportsmen.
Buy Shield Sunglasses for Men and Women Online
Also Check: What Does Add Mean For Glasses
Womens & Mens Polarized Glacier Glasses
Honestly, all our glacier glasses look equally awesome on gals as they do on guys. The shades in this collection are clear frame sunglasses or tortoise shell sunglasses, and they all come equipped with removable sun shields to protect your eyes from light sneaking in the sides.
If youre after extreme coverage and sun protection and dig the classic aviator look , then the Treeline might be the perfect pair of shades for your mountain pursuits. Even better, these super dark sunglasses get down to a 9% VLT rating. And dont mistake these glacier sunglasses with side shields as only suitable for hardcore rugged mountain typesif Princess Diana could rock aviators skiing in the 80s then you got this!
While we probably wouldnt recommend them for summiting Everest, any of the shades from our polarized glacier glasses are the perfect choice for nearly any other high elevation adventure.
And if you dont quite need this level alpine intensity, we get it! Check out our polarized sport sunglasses for more great hiking sunglasses, perfect for lower altitude adventures.
What Are The Best Glacier Glasses
Sunskis Alpine collection features three styles of glacier sunglasses with side shields:
- Treeline. A classic aviator silhouette with extreme coverage and sun protection
- Couloir. A bold, rectangular style inspired by architecture and the automotive industry.
- Tera. A round silhouette inspired by our classic Dipsea frame.
Also Check: Glasses With Nose Pads Vs Without
Why We Like The Pescador Side Shield 580g Polarized Sunglasses
We love how the Pescador Side Shield Polarized 580G Sunglasses feature Lightwave Glass lenses that are polarized to cut through glare and reflections. Costa constructed the frame from recycled fishing nets, so fishing in them just feels right.
Side shields add coverage to reduce eye strain, and come off when you don’t need them for a more casual look. The frames are designed to be fully recyclable, so when your Pescadors are finally ready for retirement it can be an honorable and guilt-free occasion.
Why Glacier Glasses
When youre in pursuit of summits, there are a whole lot of extra logistics to contend with. You certainly dont want to be worrying about heavy, bulky sunglasses falling off your face at altitude. Our frames are made from superlight recycled plastic and are designed to be stronger, lighter and more comfortable than anything else on the market.
Real talk here. If Mary Poppins was actually flying a kite up into the atmosphere, she wouldve been squinting pretty hard and probably wondering why she didnt bring a pair of dark sunglasses with low VLT rating for her and the kiddos. While most sports sunglasses allow for between 60% and 30% VLT, our glacier sunglasses with side shields are all Category 3, with a 14% VLT rating, or below.
Then theres the sweat factor to contend with. Sweat may be sexy, but not so much when its clouding your vision on a sick ascent or descent. Ventilation is key, which is why our side shields are perforated to prevent fogging and enhance peripheral vision.
The best part? Our sunglasses with side shields cost significantly less than other brands of glacier glasses, come with a lifetime warranty, and part of every purchase goes towards our commitment to 1% For the Planet. So you can safely summit, and help protect the ground beneath your hiking boots.
Don’t Miss: Do Blue Light Glasses Actually Work