What Are The Best Glasses For Small Noses
In the world of eyewear, people with small noses are known for having a low nose bridge. If you are reading this, I am here to tell you that there are plenty of choices out there for you. Whether you prefer sunglasses or eyeglasses, you can always choose a stylish pair that mirrors your personality and style. Below you can find our selected sunglasses and eyeglasses for tiny noses.
The Right Sunglasses For You: Low Bridge Fit Sunglasses
Low-bridge, Asian fit, alternative fit, weve heard them all before, but what exactly does this mean? There are several different terms used to describe sunglasses that are tailored for this specific face shape. We know finding the right sunglasses can get very confusing, so here is a guide to help you understand low bridge fit sunglasses.
What Size Is Asian Fit Sunglasses
Asian fit sunglasses have bridges widths ranging from as narrow as 8mm upwards. A narrower bridge prevents them slipping down your nose for a more secure fit. This is especially helpful if you have a shallow, flat or narrow nose bridge regardless of your ethnicity.
Interestingly, it was Oakley who originated the name Asia fit in 2007 which was colloquially adopted by the optical market as Asian fit. At the time, this name was deemed inappropriate and even racist so other names were explored. Today, Oakley now refer to their Asian fit sunglasses as Low bridge fit.
You May Like: Sunglasses For Round Faces Male
Bircen Polarized Mens Sunglasses: Uv Protection Black Blue Shades For Men Sport Driving With Al
- Polarized Lens – 100% UV400 protection coating, blocks 100% harmful UVA & UVB Rays. Polarized sunglasses reduce glare reflected off of roads, bodies of water, snow, and other horizontal surfaces. Restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light and protect eyes perfectly. Polarized sunglasses cut glare and haze so your eyes are more comfortable and you can see better.
- Adjustable Al-Mg frame : High Elasticity, and Durable, flexible arms and nose pad to fit different face.High strength anti breakage resin lens for safe glasses.Our lenses are ultra-light and ultra-thin.
- Al-Mg Metal Frame Ultra Light Driving Polarized Wayfarer Sunglasses For Men Women , User for outdoor sports and activities such as driving, fishing, skiing, travelling, hiking, boating, and is suitable as high fashion accessory and daily wear all year round. It is also gift packaged ready, making it a wonderful yet practical gift idea for friends and family!
- More details: Adjustable soft nose pads and metal flexible hinge,bend random anglemaximum your comfort.
- This handsome, driving sunglasses for men is a classic and effortlessly cool design that commands attention. Well packaged comes with Bircen cleaning cloth, premium protective carrying case when not in use! You can come to me for any questions about the product within one year.
Lets Get A Little More Specific
A lower bridge and deeper nose pads allow the frame to sit higher and more comfortably on each side of the nose instead of directly on the slope. This adjustment improves stability and grip while also preventing the lower lenses from resting unpleasantly on the cheeks this means, no more annoying red marks.
As for the longer temples, they provide the extra room necessary to reduce tension on the nose and cheeks and ensure proper adjustment behind the ears, which keeps your frames nice and secure.
Also Check: Where Can I Donate Reading Glasses
Can Anyone Wear Asian Fit Sunglasses
Yes, of course! All of Sunskis sunglasses can be worn by any face shape. We take pride in how well our sunglasses stay where theyre supposed to, no matter what adventure they may be enduring. If you are, however, searching for a style to match a low-bridge fit, then the Asain fit sunglasses listed above are what youre looking for.
Free Shipping On Many Products
Who doesn’t love free shipping? Amazon offers free shipping on many items, which is yet another reason it’s the best place to buy the best sunglasses for long face big nose people. Depending on the item you’re purchasing and your location, you may be eligible for free two-day shipping or even same-day delivery.
This is an incredibly convenient feature, especially if you need an item quickly. And if you’re a Prime member, you get even more benefits, such as access to Prime Video and Prime Music.
Don’t Miss: Pete The Cat And His Magic Sunglasses
Ideal Sunglasses Size For Petite Faces
Use these numbers as a guideline to find sunglasses that are should fit petite faces better:
Frame Width: 123 to 131 mm
Lens Width: 47 to 52 mm
Bridge Width: 16 to 20 mm
Lens Height: Rectangular: 28 to 32 mm Square: 32 to 39 mm Oval: 30 to 32 mm Round: 35 to 41 mm
Temple Length: 130 to 145 mm
Where to Buy Sunglasses
Best Independent Retailer: Warby Parker
Tips For Purchasing Glasses For Small Noses
There are different ways to find out if you have a small nose. The easiest one would be to look at yourself in the mirror. For eyewear, its going to be different than that. You might have experienced a few things with previous glasses, which made you take this step.
In case you havent noticed yet, here is what you can do. Look closely into the mirror. Are your cheekbones high? If yes, this is your first indication. If the bridge of your nose aligns with or below your pupils, then you have a small nose.
So, what happens in this case? You know you need a new pair of glasses. Therefore, wed like to give you a few tricks on how you can buy the perfect pair of eyewear.
Don’t Miss: Full Lens Reading Safety Glasses
Look For The Bridge Measurements
When shopping for glasses, make sure you look at the measurements provided. Most frames have 3 sets of numbers printed on them and they are usually found along one of the arms. For example, the numbers could look like this: 55 18 145
The first number represents the width if the lens . The second represents the width of the bridge . Finally, the third is length of the arm . The number you need to be looking at if you have a small nose is the bridge width. The range can be between 14mm and 24mm and the narrower the bridge, the better it will fit. Read our glasses measurements guide to find out more.
You dont have to find specialist opticians for narrow bridge frames either. There are many collections which feature smaller styles you just have to know how to check the numbers before buying. These Savannah 2439 glasses from our budget collection have a very small 14mm bridge width and are just £12.00.
What Are Low Bridge Glasses
Low bridge glasses or the so-called asian glasses typically have wider frames, a higher and more prominent nose bridge as well as larger nose pads. Owing to the angle at which low bridge glasses sit on the face, they dont tilt forward at the top, hence giving ample coverage and sitting higher and more comfortably on each side of the nose instead of directly on the slope.
Here are the features that are typically found on low nose bridge glasses and why they are important:
Don’t Miss: Tom Ford Sunglasses Women’s
Sojos Retro Aviator Polarized Sunglasses For Women Men Double Bridge Ladies Shades Sj2078 With Grey Tortoise Frame/gradient Light Blue Lens
- HIGH-DEFINITION UV400 TAC POLARIZED LENSES SojoS’s HD TAC polarized lenses can filter out sunlight reflected glare, and protect your eyes from long-term damage by blocking 99.99% of harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- UNIQUE DESIGN These SojoS stylish aviator sunglasses are made of high-quality plastic& metal frames, UV400 protection lenses, solid metal hinges. Durable frames, less likely to break from sudden ground shocks, sure to last long. They are suitable for both men and women.
- PERFECT ALL ROUNDER These SojoS sunglasses are the perfect choice for outdoor sports and activities such as shopping, driving, traveling, and are suitable as a high fashion accessory and daily wear all year round.
- PRODUCT DIMENSION Lens Width: 54mm | Lens Height: 51mm | Temple Length: 150mm | Nose Bridge: 20mm.
- GIFT IDEAS PACKAGE Sunglasses*1, microfiber pouch*1, microfiber glasses cleaning cloth*1, glasses box*1. It is also a gift packaged ready, making it a wonderful yet practical gift idea for friends and family!
What I Dont Like About Low Bridge Fit Glasses
I will never go back to other glasses.
I have to admit that there was very little I didn’t like about these low bridge fit glasses. They are the only glasses Ive ever worn that actually fit my face. My only complaint is theres a much smaller selection of low bridge fit glasses compared to the “normal” styles on the Glasses USA site, but I was still able to find stylish frames that I liked.
Plus, if you dont like your low bridge fit glasses, Glasses USA has a 14-day return policy that offers a 100% store credit or new pair of glasses. Though it means youll still need to order another pair from the site.
Don’t Miss: 100 Percent Fernando Tatis Jr Sunglasses
Why Do I Have A Low Nose Bridge
Low nose bridges primarily originate from ethnicity however, they can also stem from birth defects, genetic disorders or so-called ‘swimmers nose’ deformity. Low nose bridges are common amongst east Asian cranio-facial structures, which research suggests to be influenced by evolutionary respiratory adaptation to native air temperatures as well as reproductive selection.
Here comes the science.
In an interview with Professor Caroline Wilkinson from the Liverpool School of Art and Design, she outlines two of the basic evolutionary theories why human noses are all kinds of shapes and sizes.
“The evolutionary reasons for human nose variation have been the subject of much debate. Functionally, the nose and nasal cavity process the air we breathe before it reaches the lungs.
One theory is that nasal shape may be adaptation to climate. The theory is that big noses with a high nasal root warm and humidify incoming air more efficiently.
This would help individuals with big noses to survive better in colder climes and, therefore, be more likely to reproduce – over time, this would slowly drive nose adaptation.
Professor Caroline Wilkinson | Liverpool School of Art and Design
In other words, our inherited nose shape was once influenced by geographical location. Our ancestors noses evolved to help regulate air and body temperatures as a means of survival.
But this is only one side of the story.
Hopefully you found this article helpful.
Thanks for stopping by.
How To Know If We Have Low Bridge Fit
When it comes to glasses, there are many different types and sizes of frames. After all, it makes sense: our face shape is unique and can really vary from one person to another.
The size of our glasses frames is typically guided by three main elements:
- The distance between our eyes
- The size of our nose bridge
- The width of our head
These three factors above typically influence the three number descriptions we find on every frame to gauge their size:
Now that we understand the basic information, lets delve into a specific element regarding the size of our frames: the low bridge fit.
Also Check: Sunglasses For Men Face Shape
The 7 Best Sunglasses For Big Nose
The Costa Del Mar Womens Cheeca Square Sunglasses are designed to offer you the best protection against the sun. These sunglasses are made up of a lightweight metal frame and plastic lenses. The frame is a classic rectangular shape and the lenses are polarized for maximum clarity.
The frame of these sunglasses is made up of metal and plastic, and they come with a polarized lens that provides 100% UV protection. These sunglasses also block the perfect amount of harsh yellow light that can cause headaches.
These sunglasses are polarized for clear and glare-free vision and come with a coating that helps to reduce any haze and blurring of vision. In addition, this pair of glasses comes with a good bridge which provides enough support and comfort while you run on the road.
The arm and bridge of this pair of glasses are quite wide, which means that they will look great on almost all faces. In addition, these glasses provide better clarity and a more focused view than many other glasses.
These sunglasses have a unique golden yellow color, which can be a bit off-putting for some people. However, if youre looking for something that stands out, you can consider this pair of glasses.
Overall, this is one of the best glasses for the price Ive ever seen in the market. Its perfect for those women who want to protect their eyes from the suns rays and have a wide frame that looks good on most faces.
Try Bold Colors With Thinner Frames
There is a relationship between color and thickness. It makes sense that thick black frames will be more assertive than thin black frames, simply because theres so much more of it on the thicker pair.
If you like the look of thick glasses, but havent been able to make them work, try a dramatic color on a thinner frame. That gives you the bold look you want, without overwhelming your features.
A light, bright color that is opaque will look very assertive. For example, opaque white, turquoise, or pink will pop off your face. Colors like this might look best on a thinner frame, just the same as very dark colors.
Recommended Reading: Ray Ban Womens Aviator Sunglasses
What’s Special About Low Bridge Fit Frames
Larger nose pads are perfect for low bridges
Larger nose pads are perfect for low bridges
Nose pads should rest on the sides of the nose and not directly on the slope of the nose in between the eyes. We use larger nose pads to ensure the frame sits where it should for zero tension and zero slipping down the nose. A Straighter Slant for Low Bridges
Frames are most comfortable when they dont rest right on thecheeks or move when you smile. When they are straighter and less slanted inwards they give plenty of space for the cheekbones, as a smaller nose tends to bring the frames close to the cheeks.
Slightly curved temples
A subtle arch in the temples makes for a wide temple-to-temple distance and an ultra-roomy fit.
How To Measure Your Face
Measuring your face will give you a better idea of what size sunglasses will work for you. Its actually quite a simple process. All youll need is a flexible tape measure.
Then take these 5 measurements :
1. Forehead Width. Measure the widest part of your forehead, from hairline to hairline.
2. Cheekbone Width. Measure the width of your cheekbones, starting from your hairline above your cheekbone to the same point on the opposite side.
3. Jawline Width. Start measuring just underneath your ears at the base of your jaw. Run the tape measure along the edge of your jaw until it reaches the middle of your chin. Then multiply this number by two for the full measurement.
4. Face Length. Hold the tape measure at the center of your hairline and stretch it to the tip of your chin.
5. Pupillary Distance. Find a hard ruler for this one and stand about 8 inches from a mirror. Hold the ruler across the bridge of your nose. With your right eye closed, line up the 0 line of the ruler in the center of your left pupil. Then, open your right eye and close your left eye. Without moving the ruler, check for the line that falls directly over the center of your right pupil. Most people will have a pupillary distance of 54-74 mm.
The widest part of your face will determine your face shape as well as your face size. Narrow faces typically range between 110 mm and 125 mm in their measurements. These are the people that typically have the most difficult time finding eyewear that fits.
Also Check: Who Takes Care Credit For Glasses
A Wide Selection Of Products To Choose From
The first reason Amazon is the best place to buy the best sunglasses for long face big nose people is because of the wide selection of items that are available. No matter what you’re looking for, chances are Amazon has it in stock. And if they don’t have the exact item you’re looking for, they likely have a similar product that will meet your needs.
This is a very strong selling point for Amazon, as it offers consumers a one-stop-shop for all their shopping needs. This is especially convenient for those who dislike going to multiple stores to find what they’re looking for.
How To Tell If You Have A Low Nasal Bridge
An easy way to confirm if you have a low nose bridge is if the upper part of your nose is flat when you view it from the side. You can also tell you have a low nose bridge if:
- Glasses rest on your cheeks: In this case, the glasses rest heavily on your cheeks and move when you smile or laugh. You need them adjusted to rest on your nose.
- Traditional frames are too narrow for you: Standard fit glasses will sit high on your face, scrape against your eyelashes, and feel uncomfortable. Most people with a broader face may have this experience.
- You require larger nose pads: Otherwise, the glasses slide down your nose. For glasses to fit properly, the nose pads rest on the sides of the nose. When you have a low nose bridge, the nose pads initially rest on the bridge of your nose, requiring enlargement to sit on the sides of your nose.
While a low nose bridge/saddle nose is normal for people of African and Asian descent, several conditions might cause it, such as Down syndrome, syphilis and Williams syndrome. Sometimes, it has a direct link to facial growth and development.
Don’t Miss: Cartier Sunglasses Men’s Buffs