Invest In Virtual Glasses Try On Technology So That Customers Will Feel Confident In Their Purchase
Virtual try on technology is a great way to find the perfect pair of glasses. The trend in virtual try on technology has been picking up steam over the last few years, but it still has not caught on with all retailers. Customers need to be able to see how their glasses will look before they buy them, so its important that you offer virtual glass try on technology if you want your customers to return again and again.
What Kind Of Deals Can I Find For Prescription Glasses Online
Most sites offer 15-20% off your first purchase if you provide an email address. Many sites also offer additional deals with certain codes at checkout, whether it’s discounts on frames, lenses, lens upgrades and sometimes you’ll see a buy-one-get-one-free deal. However, typically restrictions apply, which can mean you can only use the code for certain frames and less complicated prescriptions . Look for sales and new codes to crop up around various holidays.
Americas Best Contacts & Eyeglasses
Eye Exam Cost: $50Starting Cost for Glasses: $29.95Best for: Cheapest eye exam
Americas Best is another place to consider buying your next pair of glasses. While an eye exam is typically $50 and glasses start at $29.95 each, Americas Best offers a deal including two pairs of glasses and an eye exam for $79.95 total. That makes each pair of glasses $39.98 and the eye exam free!
Unfortunately, Americas Best is ranked 29th out of 33 onConsumer Reports survey and gets below-average scores for both the quality of frames and lenses and policies. The retailer also has a considerable number of low scores from theBetter Business Bureau,Consumer Affairs andYelp.
If youre looking for a great deal on simple prescription lenses in plastic frames or a cheap eye exam, Americas Best may be an option for you. However, if you listen to customer reviews, getting your eyes checked at Sams Club and buying your glasses at Zenni may leave you happier in the long run.
Before you decide where to make your purchase, read thesefive things to know about Americas Best.
Don’t Miss: Binoculars You Can Use With Glasses
How Do The Roshambo Free Home Try
The Roshambo free home try-on kit services help you make sure that you have the correct fitting sizes and style of glasses and that you love them before paying for them. Thus, they make the buying process risk and regret-free. Here’s how it works:
1. Choose Your Try on Kit Size: 3 Sizes to Choose From!
Childrens Kit – Roshambo will send you one frame for each of their 3 kids sizes: baby , toddler and junior .
Adult/Teen Kit – Roshambo will send you one frame for each of their adult sizes .
Family Kit – Roshambo will send you one frame for each of their 5 sizes: baby , toddler , junior , teen/adult S/M, and adult L/XL.
2. Roshambo sends the box to you: Once the team sends the kit to you, you have a few days to test them out. Consider style and size. And for little ones, you can also try out their ear adjusters and head strap to help get a better fit .
3. Order the glasses online: Once you’ve found your perfect match, order your prescription glasses online! They even have a convenient PD measurement tool in case your eye doctor forgot to include it on your prescription.
4. Choose additional spare frame colors: swap your glasses to match your outfits! Your child will love having the flexibility to choose their color each day.
5. Send the home try-on kit back: Theyll provide you with a free return label so all you have to do is send them back! You have 7 days to return them without penalty.
Other Good Online Glasses Retailers
Long beloved for its alternative fit glasses for people with low nose bridges, Jins recently made its virtual try-on tool available for nearly all of the 500+ frames it carries. The virtual try-on tool is finicky, though, and the site navigation isnt intuitive, making it difficult to ensure that youve actually gotten to see all of the frame styles offered. But the frames we ordered were of high quality, and Jins shoppers in San Francisco and Los Angeles have the added benefit of visiting a few brick-and-mortar stores as well. Jins offers a 30-day free returns policy.
People who have vision insurance through Cigna Vision, Metlife, or VSP may find Eyeconic to be a good solution for them, because the retailer is in network with all three of these major insurers. Although most of Eyeconics frames are more expensive than our picks , Eyeconic, unlike our picks, carries many of the name-brand frames found in some brick-and-mortar stores. Eyeconic also offers virtual try-on, free returns for 60 days, and a national network of eye doctors that will adjust your frames for free, if needed.
You May Like: Non Prescription Glasses For Astigmatism
Buying Eyeglasses Online Compared To The Other Way
1. Information Accessibility Lots of help & information is available about glasses online for you to read anytime as much as you want. Questions answered by phone or email. Check out our Eyewear Information pages. Very little information about eyewear is distributed in a retail store and lens price lists are never available. Optical stores basically tell you what you want, and then charge you through the nose for it.
2. Vision Insurance Plans We are accepted by all the major insurance plan as an out-of-network provider. Read more about vision insurance plans and how they work. Optical stores usually participate in vision plans as in-network providers. In order to support this, they must increase their frame and lens prices so that they can afford to accept your insurance for payment.
3. Trying on glasses If you are not sure of the look or fit of eyeglasses online, you can order a few pairs and send back what you do not like. You can also check out our virtual try on feature, where you can upload your photo and try our glasses on your own face. In a retail store, you can try on any glasses that the store has in inventory
9. Accessibility and privacy You can learn and shop eye glasses online as long as you want in complete privacy. While you shop there is usually a salesperson with you most of the time.
How Do You Figure Out What Glasses Look Good On You
To find the glasses that will look good on you, taking your face shape into consideration is the most effective way. Square faces will look good with rounded and thinner frames, as they can balance the length of your face round faces, on the contrary, look better with bold and angular style, as it can enhance your facial features with a put-together structure.
Don’t Miss: Glasses With Black Top And Clear Bottom
How To Order Glasses Online
Ordering glasses online is a great way to get more selection of trendy and popular mens or womens glasses, and at a lower price than more optical stores. Also, you can avoid the risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus during a store visit. Learning how to by prescription glasses onlline does require that you educate yourself first. There is a lot of information on this website about eyeglasses and prescription lenses, and this page will help you speed up the process, even if you might want to order glasses online without a prescription. Follow this link to see our How To Order Eyeglasses Online infographic.
Itâs now quite common to order prescription glasses online. From the comfort of your home, you can browse a wide selection of styles, enjoy more affordable choices, and avoid traveling all around town just to find the perfect pair.
Eyeglasses can be expensive, which is one of the reasons why people are choosing to purchase glasses online. In 2017, more than 8 million pairs of glasses were purchased online and expected to grow in the years to come as more people explore how to order prescription glasses online.
However, no matter how attractive prices may be or the convenience it provides, itâs important to know how to shop for glasses. So, hereâs a quick guide on how the online purchase process works.
These Eyeglasses Companies Offer Virtual Mirrors
Perhaps this isnât as definitive or user-friendly as a home try-on program or free shipping and returns, but technology has come a long way even in the past couple of years.
If youâre comfortable using a webcam or uploading a photo , itâs possible to get a rough approximation of what you would look like in your new glasses from companies that offer a virtual mirror in lieu of a home-try on program.
Recommended Reading: Black Ray Ban Aviator Sunglasses
More Ways To Meet Your Eyewear Match
Fashion is all about expressing yourself and making a statement with your eyewear thats why at EyeBuyDirect, we embrace looks from the avant-garde to the classic, and timeless to current trends. So, if you need help finding your perfect frame, youre in the right place!
With a wide selection of styles and tips on how to pick glasses for your face shape, youre sure to find one that suits you. From glasses for round faces, glasses for oval faces, glasses for heart-shaped faces, and so much more weve got pairs for all your eyewear needs.
In addition to our Virtual Try-On feature, check out our guide on how to measure your pupillary distance, so you can get a better idea of your glasses size. And dont forget our Fit & Style Quiz, too, for another great way to find your perfect pair. Go ahead, check it out below!
Try On Glasses Online
Now, with our new patented Virtual Try On system, you can try on glasses online before you buy them. You can upload your own photo and try on glasses online on your own face automatically within seconds , or if you do not have a photo, you can try on glasses on the faces of models heads.
Eyeglasses.com pioneered the Virtual Try On VTO system for eyewear on the internet with two patents issued in 2003. You can the VTO system on this website by looking for the VTO Icon About half of the frames in our catalog have VTO images, and you can try those on by going to the product detail page. There is a model wearing the glasses, but through the application on that page you can upload your own photo – so easy!
Read Also: Ray Ban Stories Smart Glasses
Why Should I Use The Virtual Mirror
There are lots of reasons to use the virtual mirror!
The virtual mirror also gives you access to thousands of frames that would be difficult or impossible to find at stores near you.
Eyeglasses Can Complement Your Face
Here are the best glasses for a specific face type:
- Oval – People with an oval face are ideal for their balanced proportions. Typically wide or walnut-shaped frames are most suitable. However, they’re fortunate because they’ll often look great with every type of frame.
- Heart-Shaped – Having a wider forehead with a narrowing chin can reveal softer features frames should be wider at the bottom for a balanced look. Thin, light-colored frames, and rimless frames are also a great choice to enhance appearance.
- Round – People with a round face can choose a rectangular glasses shape to minimize the roundness of their face, or, choose a more round shape in order to emphasize and glorify a round face shape.
- Square – People with a square face usually have a strong jaw. Since the width and the length of the face have similar proportions, narrow frames help to make a square face look longer. A rule to follow is to find a pair of glasses with more width than depth.
- Rectangular/Oblong – An oblong face is long and narrow both at the forehead and the chin. Unlike square faces, it’s better to have more depth than width to make the face seem shorter and strike a balanced appearance.
- Triangular – Faces with a narrow forehead that widens near the chin and cheek areas benefits the most from frames with a heavy accent at the top. Cat-eye frames would be a great recommendation!
Recommended Reading: Working Glasses Crate And Barrel
Think About Your Preferences
Next, consider your personal preferences for glasses. What styles do you like? What frame shapes and colors do you prefer? And do you think certain styles look better on your face, or with your hair or clothing style?You’ll likely be wearing your glasses frequently, in all different settings, and while wearing different clothes from your wardrobe. Since you’ll be wearing them often, be sure to find glasses that you actually like wearing while making you feel good.Here are a few things to keep in mind regarding different types of frames, lenses, and coatings.
Why You Should Trust Us
To learn more about buying prescription eyeglasses online, we spoke to Dr. Christopher Quinn, a past president of the American Optometric Association. And we interviewed seven optometrists, ophthalmologists, and opticians in person, by phone, or by email: Dr. Neil Pence, associate dean for clinical and patient care services at the Indiana University School of Optometry optician Nancy Kirsch, director of the Essilor Eyewear Center at the University Eye Center and assistant clinical professor at the State University of New York College of Optometry Dr. Camille Cohen, an optometrist in private practice in New York Dr. Michael Chiang, a professor of ophthalmology, medical informatics, and clinical epidemiology at Oregon Health & Science University Dr. Jeff Pettey, vice chair of education at the John Moran Eye Center and an associate professor at the University of Utah Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Dr. James Salz, an ophthalmologist in private practice in Los Angeles and Dr. Abdhish Bhavsar, an ophthalmologist in private practice in Minneapolis. We also consulted Alysa Bernstein, an attorney with the Federal Trade Commissions Bureau of Consumer Protection.
Since 2017, weve spent more than 100 hours evaluating the websites of online glasses stores, comparing their policies, ordering and returning dozens of pairs of glasses, playing with fitting tools, and learning how to find glasses that fitwith or without being able to try on frames first.
Recommended Reading: Women Dolce And Gabbana Sunglasses
What Do I Need Before I Buy Prescription Glasses Online
You’ll need to know your prescription and pupillary distance from your optometrist before you use an online glasses retailer — so make sure you get a hard copy the next time you get your vision checked. Be aware that sometimes optometrists won’t give your pupillary distance because they’ll say they want to measure you for a specific set of glasses. But insist on getting one. You can also measure PD yourself using an app on your smartphone or download a PD ruler that most online stores have with instructions on how to use it. Pupillary distance is key because when lenses are made it’s important to know where your eye is in relation to the center of the lens.
Once you have all that, most of these sites will let you input your numbers or upload a picture of the prescription from your phone the first time you buy something.
You can also pick up a device like the $99 EyeQue Vision Check to use your smartphone to check your vision and create a prescription that many online glasses stores will accept .
Buy Your Favourite Pair Or Two At Your Convenience
- Log into your account and purchase your favourite pair of glasses or sunglasses. The frames you ordered for try before you buy will be saved in your account for your ease. All thats left for you to do is to upload a photo of your prescription and your prescription glasses will be on their way to you shortly!
- When the try before you buy period comes to an end, simply drop the parcel off at your local post office. Youll find a prepaid postage label in the box for your convenience.
- You can now return your home trial without leaving your home! Visit www.royalmail.com/track-my-return, select Book Your Collection and choose a suitable day and time.
- Cant decide between two or more of the frames from your try before you buy box? Take advantage of our multi-purchase discount – 1 pair for £65, 2 pairs for £115, 3 pairs for £150.
- Dont forget, for every pair of glasses you buy, we will donate another pair to the Sight2Save mission.
Recommended Reading: Virtual Glasses Try On App
Eyeglasses For Men & Women
The internet can also be used to see the latest trends in fashion for womenâs glasses. Styles are fast-changing and whether you want something professional, stylish, vintage, or funky — you can find any style that suits your preference.
This also applies when shopping for menâs glasses. Thereâs a wide range of top-rated styles available for prescription lenses, as well as for reading glasses or non-prescription fashion accessories.
Shopping for glasses online is becoming easier than ever and a great way to discover the hottest options on the market. Best of all, some online retailers have a Virtual Try-On which allows you to see how you’d look before deciding to buy.